Great news, Applications are open for Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program 2022 in Thailand. These Fully Funded scholarships are awarded at designated institutions (DIs) in the Asia and Pacific region. AIT offering this amazing opportunity for international students. ADB-JSP scholarships allow pursuing Master’s Degree programs. Also visit CSU Automatic Merit-Based Scholarships 2022 in USA – Fully Funded.
This AIT ADB-JSP scholarship offering development-related fields like economics, business and management, science and technology, and many others. Complete financial coverage is provided to the successful students at Asian Institute of Technology scholarships. Both male and female students are eligible to apply for ADB Japan Scholarship 2022 and especially females are encouraged.
The Asian Institute of Technology is a higher education institution in Thailand that was founded in 1959. Moreover, Engineering, sustainable development, advanced technology, and management and planning are among its specialties. The scholarship is sponsored by Asian Development Bank. You can also apply for KMUTT Scholarships 2022 in Thailand – Fully Funded – Study in Thailand.
Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Detail
- Host Institute: Asian Development Bank
- Degree Level: Masters
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: International
- Deadline: 31 March 2022
The ADB Japan Scholarship 2022 is a Fully Funded scholarship for international students. Its providing complete financial coverage and the list of benefits is given below:
- Tuition fee (actual costs)
- Housing (should be agreed upon by each DI and ADB, depending on real dormitory lodging costs or a reasonable allowance for appropriate off-campus housing).
- Housing allowance is included in the Subsistence Allowance (a flat allowance to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB).
- Medical and accident insurance for students (flat allowance).
- Books Allowance (a flat allowance to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB).
- Travel in economy class on the most direct route between the DI and the awardee’s home country (actual costs).
- Travel-related charges such as visa fees, airport taxes, luggage allowance, and so on (a flat allowance).
- Excess luggage weighing up to 20 kilograms may be financed on the way back to the home country (actual costs).
- Thesis/Research Allowance is meant to pay the scholar’s research expenses and can be used for photocopying, school supplies, typing and computer charges, mailing, communications, binding charges, local travel costs, and out-of-town trip accommodations, among other things.
- Scholars applying for Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship 2022 are expected to have appropriate language and computer abilities to complete their studies. Expenses needed to increase language skills and computer literacy may be covered under the scholarship in exceptional situations where additional training is considered necessary (actual costs).
Note: Extracurricular courses or training, additional travel during the course of the study program; expenses for the scholar family, additional expenses related to supplementary educational materials, field trips, or participation in workshops, seminars, or internships while at the DI, or the purchase of educational equipment such as computers are not covered by the ADB-JSP Scholarship Program.
Applicants must meet the following ADB Japan Scholarship eligibility criteria to apply:
- A person who is a citizen of one of the ADB’s borrowing members (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the Scholarship)
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in addition to a strong academic record is required.
- At the time of application, you must have at least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (earned after completing a university degree).
- To be able to pursue education, you must have excellent oral and written English communication abilities.
- At the time of application, you must be under 35 years old. The age limit for programs intended for senior officials and managers is 45 years old in rare instances.
- In good health.
- Should promise to return to his or her home county after completing the Program’s courses.
- The Scholarship is not open to Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, ADB management and employees, consultants, or families of the aforementioned.
- The Scholarship is not open to AIT employees.
- The scholarships are not available to applicants who live or work in a country other than their home country.
- Applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs are not eligible for the ADB-JSP.
- Undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects are not supported by the ADB-JSP.
Must apply for UMY Postgraduate Scholarships 2022 in Indonesia – Fully Funded.
The selection criteria to apply for the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship 2022 is as below.
- Priority is given to AIT’s proposed ranking, or order of merit.
- Those with less than two years of experience will not be considered.
- Women’s applicants are given priority.
- Applicants with little financial resources are given priority. Individual income should not exceed USD 25,000 per year and family income should not exceed USD 50,000 per year.
- Applicants who have previously studied abroad will not be considered for the program.
- In general, applicants who are pursuing a second MA will not be supported by the program.
- Candidates applying at a Designated Institute (DI) in their home country may not be chosen.
- Nationality diversity will be considered in the overall program as well as at each DI level.
- The program fosters research in areas that are essential to the ADB’s Strategy 2020, such as infrastructure, the environment, regional cooperation and integration, financial sector growth, and education. The ADB’s strategy, Strategy 2020, provides the strategic trajectory for the bank’s operations until 2020.
The required documents for ADB Japan Scholarship 2022 are:
- A copy of the degree certificate and transcripts from four years of undergraduate study
- Must have an AIT Language Center-required English proficiency score (IELTS-Academic: 6 (writing and overall) or AIT EET 6.0, TOEFL 550).
- The employer provides a work certificate.
- Profit and loss statement. If you are married, please include your spouse’s income statement; otherwise, please include your parent’s income statement on the ADB-JSP Information sheet.
Policies and Procedures
The policies and procedures defined for the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarships are as below:
- The ADB-JSP Scholarship is just for the scholar and does not cover the scholar’s dependents’ expenditures.
- As agreed with ADB, DIs are urged to grant tuition fee concessions to outstanding pupils.
- The ADB-JSP can sponsor preparatory/bridging courses such as English proficiency or computer literacy. These courses should be completed at AIT.
- The ADB-JSP does not cover expenses for activities that are not directly relevant to the pursuit of a degree, such as attending a conference or other comparable activities.
- A copy of the scholars’ air tickets from their home countries should be sent to AIT for reimbursement of air travel expenditures. The cost of return travel is covered if the studies are completed successfully.
- New scholars may be eligible for an establishing payment to aid with the costs of setting up their temporary home at AIT. This is only paid once, at the beginning of the scholarship (a flat allowance).
- The ADB-JSP scholarship is meant to supplement, not replace, any other financial support or fellowship that the scholar may have. Scholars must notify the ADB-JSP if they have other scholarship funding sources. If the programme has evidence of additional sources of support throughout the scholarship period, the ADB-JSP stipend may be revoked whole or partially.
How to Apply For ADB Scholarship?
To apply for Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship 2022, Applicants should contact the DI of their choice for more information and application forms (e.g. AIT). Applicants are advised to use a variety of materials, including the DI’s website and handbooks, as well as DI information sessions have given in-country, to help them make an informed decision about which DI and degree they want to pursue.
Applicants should tell AIT that they are applying for admission and that they want to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship when they submit their application. AIT should receive the completed DI application form and all applicable documentation, including the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form. Applicants must ensure that their documentation is accurate and full. If paperwork or information submitted is later shown to be fraudulent, failure to do so may result in an application not being completed or an award being terminated. Applicants must submit their most recent Income Tax Return or Annual Salary/Monthly Salary Certification, whichever is available. They should also submit a Family Income Certification (Parents’ Income/Income of Spouses if married).
The applications will be screened and ranked by AIT based on its own selection criteria while keeping in mind the ADB’s qualifying requirements and selection criteria. AIT may contact candidates for further information during the screening process. AIT will subsequently send ADB its ranked list of applicants, along with a description of the scoring/grading system that is used to rank them.
- ADB will assess AIT’s submission and suggest grantees to Japan’s Executive Director for formal approval based on ADB’s selection criteria.
- ADB will advise AIT on the successful candidates after the Executive Director of Japan has given his approval.
- AIT will notify all applicants of the results of the screening process and will begin making plans for the awardees to begin receiving their scholarships.
- AIT will arrange for the signing of the Acceptance of Scholarship Award by the awardee, in which the scholars promise to return to their home country after completing their studies.
- Each scholar will get a letter of congratulations from the ADB.
The official Link to the scholarships is given below: