Great news, Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2020 is now open for International Students from any nationality other than the UK. This international scholarship allows Masters, Ph.D. level program(s) in all fields of study and a few exceptions taught at the University of Cambridge. The deadline for these international scholarships in the UK is twice a year in Oct/Dec or Jan.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2020 is a highly competitive and Fully-funded scholarship. They are awarded to outstanding applicants from all the world outside the UK to pursue a full-time Master’s degree in all subjects available at the University of Cambridge.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships were established by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in 2000 with a $210 million funding amount to enable outstanding graduate and postgraduate students from outside the UK to study at the University of Cambridge. The awardees of this latest scholarship are given funding for postgraduate study at the university during the degree. The Gates Cambridge Scholarships award includes all tuition costs and a maintenance allowance, which is £13,300, and a return ticket to the country. Scholars will also able to access travel grants for conferences, have absolute use of recreational and social facilities, and take part in an annual retreat to the Lake District. The first scholars under this gates scholarship arrived at Cambridge in October 2001, and in July 2010 the Scholarship celebrated its 10th anniversary.
Details of Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2020:
University of Cambridge
All Subjects and few exceptions
International Students (Students from any nationality other than UK)
Country of Scholarship:
Available Degree Levels:
The following subjects are available to study under this Gates scholarship program.
All Subjects in Ph.D., MSc or MLitt, or a 1-year postgraduate course in any field available at the University of Cambridge.
Courses which are NOT eligible for Gates Scholarships:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- PGCE• MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- Non-degree courses
Eligible Nationalities for Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2020:
Students from any nationality other than the UK are eligible to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2020.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers:
- Total tuition fees
- Maintenance allowance
- Travel costs
- Visas and return tickets etc.
- It will also provide additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
You will be able to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
- A citizen of any country except the United Kingdom.
- Applying to pursue one of the available full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge like:
- Ph.D. (research-only 3-year degree)
- MSc or MLitt (research-only 2-year degree) or a one-year postgraduate course (e.g. LLM, MPhil, MBA, MASt, Diploma, etc.)
- OR already a Cambridge student and willing to apply for a new postgraduate course. For example, if you are studying for an M.Phil degree you can also apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship for a Ph.D. But, if you have already started a course before the Gates scholarship, you will not be eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the rest of your degree.
- Or if you are already a Gates Cambridge Scholar and want to apply for a second Scholarship. You must apply for the second international deadline. You will go through the same procedure of departmental ranking, shortlisting, and interviewing as the rest of the candidates.
- Candidates must submit their application for admission and Gates Cambridge and other fundings via the University’s Graduate Application online Portal.
- To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2020 you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course mentioned above and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the form’s funding section.
Deadline for Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2020:
There are two deadlines for the Gates Cambridge application: 14 October 2020 (for US citizens) and 3 December 2020 OR 7 January 2021 depending on the course for the rest of the eligible candidates.
For more details, please click below.