Great news, Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2023 is now open for International Students from any nationality other than the UK. This international scholarship allows master’s and Ph.D. level program(s) in all fields of study and a few exceptions taught at the University of Cambridge. The deadline for these international scholarships in the UK is twice a year in Oct/Dec or Jan. Apply Doha Institute Scholarships in Qatar 2023 – Fully Funded.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023 is a highly competitive and Fully-funded scholarship. They are awarded to outstanding applicants from all over the world outside the UK to pursue a full-time Master’s degree in all subjects available at the University of Cambridge. Also, Read Ireland Government Scholarship 2023 For International Students.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships were established by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in 2000 with a $210 million funding amount to enable outstanding graduate and postgraduate students from outside the UK to study at the University of Cambridge. The awardees of this latest scholarship are given funding for postgraduate study at the university during the degree. The Gates Cambridge Scholarships award includes all tuition costs and a maintenance allowance, which is £13,300, and a return ticket to the country. Study in Belgium Belgium Scholarships for International Students 2023 – Fully Funded.
Details of Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2023
- Country of Scholarship: United Kingdom
- University: University of Cambridge
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
- Degree: Masters, PhD
- Subjects: All Subjects and a few exceptions
- Eligible Countries: International Students (Students from any nationality other than UK)
Available Degree Levels
The following subjects are available to study under this Gates scholarship program.
All Subjects in Ph.D., MSc, or MLitt, or a 1-year postgraduate course in any field available at the University of Cambridge.
Courses that are NOT eligible for Gates Scholarships:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- PGCE• MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- Non-degree courses
Students from any nationality other than the UK are eligible to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers:
- Total tuition fees
- Maintenance allowance
- Travel costs
- Visas and return tickets etc.
- It will also provide additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
You will be able to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
- A citizen of any country except the United Kingdom.
- Applying to pursue one of the available full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge like:
- Ph.D. (research-only 3-year degree)
- MSc or MLitt (research-only 2-year degree) or a one-year postgraduate course (e.g. LLM, MPhil, MBA, MASt, Diploma, etc.)
- OR is already a Cambridge student and willing to apply for a new postgraduate course. For example, if you are studying for an M.Phil degree you can also apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship for a Ph.D. But, if you have already started a course before the Gates scholarship, you will not be eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the rest of your degree.
- Or if you are already a Gates Cambridge Scholar and want to apply for a second Scholarship. You must apply for the second international deadline. You will go through the same procedure of departmental ranking, shortlisting, and interviewing as the rest of the candidates.
Please visit American Embassy Scholarships 2023 – Study in the USA
- Candidates must submit their application for admission and Gates Cambridge and other funding via the University’s Graduate Application online Portal.
- To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023 you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course mentioned above and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the form’s funding section.
How to Apply
There are two deadlines for the Gates Cambridge application: 12 October 2022 (for US citizens) and 1st December 2022 OR 7 January 2023 depending on the course for the rest of the eligible candidates.
For more details, please click below.
Follow us on FACEBOOK, WHATSAPP, INSTAGRAM, and TELEGRAM for the latest Scholarships Opportunities worldwide.
2 Comments on “Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2023 for Masters & Ph.D. in the UK | Fully-Funded”