Great news for academic career seekers, Global Korea Scholarships 2022 is announced and open for applications in South Korea. This Fully Funded Korean scholarship is offered to all International Students from any part of the world. A total of 1,300 International Scholarships to study in Korea are announced for students from 145 countries of the world. All the expenses are covered by the scholarship for the academic year 2022. Also visit Miami University International Scholarships 2022 in USA – Fully Funded.
Korean Government GKS Scholarship offering Bachelors, Master’s, and Ph.D. Degree courses for International Students. Almost all academic majors and courses are available under Government Scholarship in Korea. Moreover, Transferring between universities is not allowed by the global korea scholarship. Also, the award will cover Monthly allowance, full tuition fee, airfare to Korea and back to home, resettlement allowance, and many other benefits mentioned below.
The main purpose of GKS is to provide international students with chances to pursue advanced studies in undergraduate and graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea. The awards are announced to promote international educational exchanges and cross-national friendship. This is the best opportunity to study in South Korea for free. You can also apply for Chevening Partnership Scholarship 2022 at University of Reading UK – Fully Funded.
Global Korea Scholarships Detail
- Award country: South Korea
- Degree level: Bachelors,Masters, PhD Degree
- No. of scholarships: 1,300
- Eligible Nationality: International
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Last Date: varies country by country.
- Tuition Fees: Actual cost
- Resettlement Allowance: KRW 200,000
- Living Allowance: 900,000 KRW ~ 1,000,000 KRW
- Medical Insurance: KRW 20,000 (per month)
- Language Courses: KRW 800,000 per quarter
- Airfare: Actual cost
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency: KRW 100,000
- Research Support: KRW 210,000 – 240,000 per semester
- Printing Costs: KRW 500,000 – 800,000
- Completion Grant: KRW 100,000 (Once)
No of Scholarships
- Undergraduate Degree Level(Bachelors): 220 Awards
- Graduate Degree Level: (Masters & PhD): 1080 Awards
Korea Language Training
Grantees must enroll in one year of Korean language instruction at a language institution on the campus of one of the domestic institutions. (Those who have a TOPIK score of level 5 or higher in Korean language fluency are excused from this requirement.)
- A candidate, as well as his or her parents, must be citizens of their home country.
- Applicants should not be citizens of Korea.
- Applicants must be in good mental and physical health to stay in a foreign country for an extended period of time.
- To apply for undergraduate degree level, applicants should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance.
- To apply for graduate degree level, applicants should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance.
- Must have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival to apply for Undergraduate programs and study bachelors in Korea.
- To apply for Undergraduate programs and study bachelors in Korea, you must have completed or be scheduled to complete all formal education courses in elementary, middle, and high school by the date of arrival.
- Must possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- And, must hold a Bachelor’s degree to study masters in Korea or a Master’s degree to study PhD in Korea by the date of arrival.
- This program is not open to applicants who have previously completed any undergraduate, masters, or doctoral program in Korea.
- However, a former or current KGSP scholar with an overall grade of 90 percent or higher and a TOPIK level of 5 or higher can reapply to this program via the embassy or university track.
How to Apply
The recommend potential candidates for Global Korea Scholarships 2022 should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence or the domestic university invited by NIIED. The embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with all the documents. Then, NIIED starts the evaluation process of the potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selection of KGSP grantees.