Applications are open for Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships 2022 at KU Leuven. These are Belgium scholarships for international students are announced. The scholarship allows undertaking a Ph.D. in Belgium. All international students from the VLIR-UOS scholarship country list are eligible to apply. These KU admissions are open for the academic year 2022. You can also apply for Destination Australia Scholarship 2022 In Australia – Fully Funded.
Moreover, this KU Leuven scholarship is a Fully Funded scholarship in Belgium. It will cover all study expenses including tuition fees, monthly allowance, travel costs, insurance, and research allowance. Furthermore, students can study in the field of all Development Related Topics under this KU Leuven Ph.D. program. This is the best opportunity to study abroad in Belgium.
Every academic year, as part of its commitment to development cooperation, KU Leuven selects exceptional students from developing countries as scholarship candidates to pursue a Ph.D. at the largest university in Belgium. The goal is to provide students with the opportunity to conduct Ph.D. research in a “sandwich” system, in which half of the research takes place at KU Leuven and a half takes place at the scholar’s home institution, with support from a local co-promoter. Also visit SMART Scholarship 2022 in USA – Fully Funded.
Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships Details
- Country: Belgium
- Host Institute: KU Leuven
- Degree Level: PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Jannuary(Annual)
Related: Erasmus+ Leiden University Scholarship 2022 in Netherlands – Fully Funded.
This Global minds Ph.D. Call is offering Fully Funded scholarships to international students. the benefits offered by the scholarship are listed below:
|For Doctoral Students||For PreDoctoral Students|
|Number of months to be spent in Belgium||24 Max||6 Max|
|Number of months to be spent at the home institution||24 Min||NA|
|Monthly basic amount in Belgium||Refer to the VLIR-UOS scholarship guidelines, which are in effect as of September 1, 2018.||Refer to the VLIR-UOS scholarship guidelines, which are in effect as of September 1, 2018.|
|Monthly basic amount while at the home institution||Refer to the VLIR-UOS scholarship guidelines, which are in effect as of September 1, 2018.||NA|
|Installation allowance (only for students who are not living in Belgium; upon arrival)||Refer to the VLIR-UOS scholarship guidelines, which are in effect as of September 1, 2018.||NA|
|Tuition Fee||Covered by the scholarship||Covered by the scholarship|
|Affiliation with a Belgian Health Insurance Company(For Belgium Period)||Covered by the scholarship||Covered by the scholarship|
|Insurance coverage for professionals and accidents; third-party liability insurance (study-related matters and for professional liability) (For Belgium Period)||Covered by the scholarship||Covered by the scholarship|
|Airline tickets||One per year||One per year|
|Indirect travel costs for each travel||Refer to the VLIR-UOS scholarship guidelines, which are in effect as of September 1, 2018.||Refer to the VLIR-UOS scholarship guidelines, which are in effect as of September 1, 2018.|
|Airline tickets(for the promoter or co-promoter on the ground)||One per year||NA|
|The Belgian or local promoter’s travel expenses||One travel per year||NA|
|Allowance for supervision (for the KU Leuven promoter) while in Belgium||Refer to the VLIR-UOS scholarship guidelines, which are in effect as of September 1, 2018.||NA|
|Research allowance||Refer to the VLIR-UOS scholarship guidelines, which are in effect as of September 1, 2018.||NA|
|Mailing allowance after doctoral defense||Refer to the VLIR-UOS scholarship guidelines, which are in effect as of September 1, 2018.||NA|
Must visit Open Doors Russian Government Scholarships 2022 in Russia.
- Burkina Faso
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- South Africa
- Palestinian Territories
Read: Global Korea Scholarships 2022 in South Korea – Fully Funded.
- A citizen of one of the VLIR-UOS scholarship countries listed above are eligible to study in Belgium.
- Candidates with EU citizenship will not be considered for Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships. Applicants holding a long-term EU residence permit are in the same boat.
- The candidate’s most recent Master’s degree must have been earned within the last ten years of October 1, 2021. (Including the ongoing calendar year).
- The candidate must have received a grade of High Distinction or higher in academics. Degrees with a final grade of second class second/lower division will not be considered.
- The candidate must be a full-time employee of a university in their own country. If the candidate does not yet have such an affiliation, he or she is able to apply for this scholarship program, but the scholarship will only be awarded if such an affiliation is acquired.
- The applicant’s home university must show appropriate support for the doctoral project, ensuring that the candidate will be able to devote enough time to doctoral research during his or her time at the home school. Candidates who are not yet associated with a university in their home country are exempt from demonstrating their home university’s endorsement. The scholarship will be awarded only after the candidate has been properly associated with a university in their native country and that university has demonstrated sufficient support.
- Candidates who are currently enrolled as PhD students at KU Leuven and receive KU Leuven funding are not eligible for this program. They may, however, be eligible for the PhD Scholarships for Southern Researchers.
- This scholarship is not open to candidates who have previously worked in an EEA nation other than Belgium. However, they may be qualified for the PhD Scholarships for Southern Researchers.
- This program is not open to candidates who are presently enrolled as KU Leuven PhD students and receive KU Leuven support. They may, however, be eligible for the Southern Researchers PhD Scholarships.
- Candidates who have previously worked in an EEA country other than Belgium are not eligible for this scholarship. They may, however, be eligible for PhD Scholarships for Southern Researchers.
- Before the 15th of January, the candidate must finish the application process and submit his or her file. Please follow these directions when filling out the application form:
- First and last names must be spelled exactly as they appear on the passport. Doctoral Program (diploma contract) or Predoctoral Program are the two types of programs available.
- In your subject of study, choose a doctoral or predoctoral program.
- Please select 2021-2022 as the academic year. Is this application also intended to be used for a scholarship? Yes.
- Global Minds Doctoral Scholarship is the name of the scholarship organization.
- The candidate has read and agreed to the GM PhD Scholarship Regulations, Obligations, and Conditions for Termination.
- Candidates are asked to submit their applications only if they meet all of the requirements specified above. Applications that are incomplete or late will not be considered; no exceptions will be made.
How to Apply
Before the 15th of January 2022, the candidate must complete the application process and submit his or her file to the KU office of admissions. The complete application process for Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships is mentioned above. For further information on how to apply for this Belgium Ph.D. scholarship, please visit the official website below.
Follow us at FACEBOOK, WHATSAPP, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, and TELEGRAM for the latest Scholarship News and Opportunities worldwide.