Applications for the Korean Government GKS Scholarships 2023–24 are open in South Korea. For the Global Korea Scholarship 2023, all international students from all corners of the world are eligible to apply. The Global Korea GKS Scholarship is a Fully Funded scholarship for students wishing to pursue a Master’s or Ph.D. in South Korea. The Korean government is providing 1,278 international scholarships this year to students from 145 nations who want to study for a graduate-level degree (Master’s or Doctoral) or do research in Korea.
The Korean government provides opportunities for students to enroll in postgraduate degree programs at the leading Korean universities in almost all academic subjects and majors. The Government of Korea will pay for all costs. Also visit DAAD Scholarships 2023 in Germany- Fully Funded.
One of the best scholarships in the world, the Korea Government Scholarship enrolls a large number of students each year. For graduate degrees, the call will start in February; for undergraduate degrees, the call will open in September 2021. Must apply for Montreal University Scholarships 2023 in Canada – Funded.
Korean Government GKS Scholarships Details
- Award Country: South Korea
- University: Korean Universities
- Degree level: Masters, Ph.D., Research
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Open Date: September 2023
- Last Date: Different for every country
Related: Australia Awards Scholarship 2023 – Fully Funded.
A fully funded scholarship in Korea for international students is the Korean Government GKS Scholarship 2023–24. The entire cost will be covered by the Global Korea GKS Scholarship 2023. Below is further information:
- Complete Tuition Fee
- Monthly Allowance (KRW 1,000,000 – KRW 1,500,000)
- Resettlement Allowance (KRW 200,000)
- Medical Insurance (KRW 20,000)
- Research Support (KRW 210,000 – 240,000)
- Round Airfare Tickets
- Language Courses
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Printing Costs (Dissertation) (KRW 500,000 – 800,000)
- Completion Grant.
About GKS Scholarship
To encourage worldwide educational exchanges and friendly relations between nations by giving international students the chance to pursue advanced studies in Graduate Programs at Higher Education Institutions in the Republic of Korea.
Don’t miss Australia Scholarships For International Students Without IELTS.
Korean Scholarship Duration
- Master’s Degree: 3 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 2 years of a degree program
- Doctoral Degree: 4 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 3 years of the regular degree program
- Research Program: 6 Months.
Available Study Fields
- Under the Global Korea Scholarship from the Korean Government for Masters and Ph.D., all academic fields and majors are offered.
- The majors (fields of study) that applicants must select are those that are exclusively listed in the “University Information” file.
The following qualifying requirements must be met by applicants in order to be considered for the Korean Government GKS Scholarship in Korea:
- All applicants must be in good physical and mental health.
- All applicants must have kept a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least the following:
- CGPA: 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, 3.23/5.0
- % age: Must be 80% or above on a 100-point scale or be ranked within the top 20% of one’s class.
- All applicants must be nationals of nations recognized by the NIIED.
- None of the applicants, including their parents, maybe Korean citizens.
- Citizens of Korea and individuals with dual citizenship (those who possess both Korean and foreign citizenship) are ineligible to apply.
- Documentation demonstrating the renunciation of Korean citizenship is required from applicants and their parents who previously had Korean citizenship.
Also apply for Sweden Government Visa Sponsorship Jobs 2023 – Apply Online.
- As of September 1, 2023, you must be younger than 40 years old (born after September 1, 1983).
- Academic professors with citizenship of one of the Official Development Assistance (ODA) beneficiaries indicated in the table below and who will be under 45 as of September 1, 2023 (born after September 1, 1978) are eligible to apply.
- For admission to a master’s program or a doctoral program, applicants must have or be expected to have a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree.
- Research Initiative Candidates: Require an invitation from one of the NIIED-designated Korean universities, as well as a degree or level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree.
- A doctoral degree or the educational equivalent is required for the postdoctoral research program.
- Candidates who are anticipated to graduate at the time of application must first present the anticipated graduation certificate.
- English Language Certification or Requirements.
How to Apply
Each nation has its own application process for the Korean Government GKS Scholarships 2023. The following is a link to the official webpage. We strongly encourage you to be sure to look into the various requests for 2023–24 GKS applications that have been made public by pertinent organizations or departments in your nation.
The deadline day to submit an application for the GKS Scholarship 2023–24 varies by country and per Korean Embassy in your country. All applicants must check the application deadline by getting in touch with their selected university or relevant embassy immediately.
Follow us on FACEBOOK, WHATSAPP, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, and TELEGRAM for the latest Scholarship Opportunities worldwide.