Applications for The Professor Mike Walker OBE Scholarships 2022 in the UK are open now. The Scholarships are offered by the Royal Holloway University of London. The university offers funded scholarships in the UK for All International and Domestic Students. You can also apply for Microsoft Cloud and Data Scholarship Program 2022 – Fully Funded.
Students who wish to study in the UK with scholarship are welcome to apply. You can apply for postgraduate-level study scholarships. Students from all around the world are invited to apply. The award is named after Professor Walker for his academic research at Royal Holloway University.
You can apply for Computer Science Scholarships, Artificial Intelligence Scholarships, Computational Finance Scholarships, masters in Data Science Scholarships, masters in Data Analytics Scholarships, Machine Learning Scholarships, Mathematical Sciences Scholarships, Cryptography Scholarships, and Information Security Scholarships. Also, visit ULAM Exchange Scholarship 2022 in Poland – Fully Funded.
Professor Mike Walker OBE Scholarships Details
- Country: UK
- Host Institute: Royal Holloway University of London
- Degree Level: Postgraduate
- Financial Coverage: Partial Funding
- Deadline: 07 November 2022
About Professor Mike Walker OBE
Professor Mike Walker OBE is a name that is connected with Royal Holloway’s Information Security Group (ISG). Professor Walker’s lengthy academic involvement with Royal Holloway began in 1966 when he finished his BSc in Mathematics before becoming the second Ph.D. student to be supervised by Professor Fred Piper, the founder of the ISG, with whom Professor Walker would have a lifelong relationship. In 1973, he earned his Ph.D.
Professor Walker retained a strong interest in academic research throughout his career in the industry, and he held the Vodafone chair as Professor of Telecommunications at Royal Holloway as part of the ISG for many years. Professor Walker was a driving force behind the establishment of the ISG Smart Card Centre in 2002, which still exists today.
The University of London’s Royal Holloway scholarships will grant a £12,000 tuition fee discount to domestic and international students. Don’t miss the University of Nottingham Scholarships 2022 in the United Kingdom.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Computer Science scholarships
- Artificial Intelligence scholarships
- Computational Finance scholarships
- Data Science scholarships
- Data Analytics scholarships
- Machine Learning scholarships
- Mathematical Sciences scholarships
- Cryptography scholarships
You must have earned or be on track to earn a minimum of a 2.1 Honors degree or equivalent, and you must not be able to continue your studies without this scholarship. In the application, you must explicitly illustrate this.
You must be offered a place on one of the Royal Holloway Masters courses listed below:
- MSc Information Security
- MSc Information Security with a Year in Industry
- MSc Computer Science by Research
- MSc Computational Finance
- MSc Data Science and Analytics
- MSc Artificial Intelligence
- MSc Machine Learning
- MSc Mathematics for Applications
- MSc Mathematics of Cryptography and Communications
You can also apply for Halcyon Flagship Residential Fellowship 2022 in the United States.
How to Apply
To apply for Professor Mike Walker OBE Scholarships 2022, You must submit a supporting statement of no more than 400 words (statements that exceed the word count will be automatically rejected) that includes the following information:
- Academic achievements and other activities you are particularly proud of, and why they are important to you.
- Why do you choose to pursue the degree you have applied for.
- Your future goals and how the scholarship will help you achieve them and contribute to society.
- The financial impact this scholarship will have on your education.
- Any special personal or family circumstances affecting your need for financial assistance.
- The effectiveness and persuasion with which you react to the above will be used to evaluate your statement.
The official link to the scholarship is given below.