The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2023 application period will soon begin. This is a Canadian Government scholarship for graduate students from all international students. Total of 166 scholarships will be given to highly qualified graduates who wish to study in Canada and carry out research that will advance humankind. All international students who are also Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada are eligible for the scholarship. Also visit McCall MacBain Scholarships 2023 in Canada – Fully Funded.
The scholarship is available for PhD programmes, MA/PhD, MD/PhD, or master’s degrees that lead to PhDs. The PhD programme will be funded by the Government of Canada for three years. The doctoral scholarship programme for international students looking for outstanding candidates who exhibit leadership skills and academic accomplishments. Three fundamental factors—academic brilliance, leadership potential, and research promise—are used to choose candidates for graduate scholarships.
Georges P. Vanier, a Canadian soldier, and the country’s first governor-general was the inspiration behind its creation. The application procedure for this study in Canadian scholarship is a little different. Candidates cannot apply alone. To nominate someone, they must get in touch with their research institute, or the institute may do so itself. Also apply for Cora Weiss Fellowship 2023 in USA – Fully Funded.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Details
- Country: Canada
- Host: Government of Canada
- Degree Level: Ph.D., MA/Ph.D., MD/Ph.D., or master’s degrees leading to PhDs
- Financial coverage: Partially Funded
- Opening Date: June 30, 2022
- Deadline: November 1, 2022
Areas of Research
- Health science
- Natural science and engineering
- Social science and humanities
- The annual award of $50,000 will be provided for three years of the PhD programme through the Scholarship.
- An opportunity to study at a Canadian university of the applicant’s choosing.
The following qualifications must be met to be eligible to apply for a Vanier Canada graduate scholarship:
- Both the applicant and the submitting university must adhere to the requirements.
- Applicants may be foreign nationals, Canadian citizens, or Canadian permanent residents.
- It must be their first time obtaining a PhD.
- Additionally, only one institute or university may nominate them.
- The summer semester or the academic year after the publication of results must be the applicant’s intended time for full-time PhD study.
- Students must have finished their PhD degree in no more than twenty months of full-time study (as of 1 May 2022).
- They are not eligible for any additional scholarships, awards, or money for PhD programmes.
- Each of the last two years of full-time study must have resulted in a first-class average for applicants.
- Additionally, candidates cannot currently be receiving or have previously received any fellowships or scholarships from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC.
- A personal leadership statement,
- A ResearchNet application form,
- Two letters of recommendation,
- Research contribution,
- A research proposal,
- Project references,
How to Apply
To guarantee the quota for the institute of their choice, applicants should begin by researching Canadian universities. Start the Research Net application form once the first step is finished, and then complete it according to the Vanier Canada graduate scholarship 2023 application requirements. Only English or French can be used to complete the application.
Complete all essential procedures and check the format in which the required documents will be attached. To make sure nothing is overlooked, double-check the form. Before the internal deadline expires, submit the application to the nominating institute. The Secretariat will receive recommended nominations from the nominating institute/university. Also, check Best Immigration Lawyers for USA – Find USA Immigration Solutions.
Each student may only be nominated by one institute; if more than one institute is interested in submitting a student, that student must select just one institute, as multiple nominations for that student will be disqualified. The nominee is in charge of getting in touch with the institute to learn more about applications and selection.
The Vanier Canada Scholarship application deadline is November 1, 2022. On June 30, 2022, applications will be accepted.