Table of Contents
The BBC International Radio Playwriting Competition 2023 offers playwrights from outside the UK a once-in-a-lifetime chance to have their works aired globally. This international competition is hosted by the BBC and the British Council. It is a rare chance for authors from countries other than the United Kingdom to use audio theatre to deliver stories to audiences everywhere. The International Radio Playwriting Contest is now accepting entries from writers all over the world. Also visit Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2023 in UK – Fully Funded.
The competition accepts scripts from anyone outside the UK, regardless of experience level as a writer. The British Council International Radio Playwriting Competition promotes the effective use of storytelling to engage with many cultures and difficult subjects. Every competition has remarkable tales to share from people in all corners of the world, including many who had never thought of themselves as playwrights.
First is English as a first language, and second is English as a second language, and the host organization is looking for entries in both categories. The fact that the champion might come from either category makes it a fantastic chance. Finding new voices and creative screenplays is beneficial. The British Council Radio Playwriting Competition will also provide participants with a wealth of new options and empower them to make wiser professional decisions. Also apply for KPMG Global Internship Program 2023 – 4 Weeks.
BBC International Radio Playwriting Competition Details
- Country: Online
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Anyone can apply
- Deadline: February 12, 2023
To provide writers from outside the UK with a special chance, the international competition is hosted in the UK. As a result, you must take advantage of this chance. Check all the advantages of this global contest before continuing. The British Council International Radio Playwriting Competition offers the following advantages.
- The cash prize of £2,500 sterling (or equivalent in a local currency).
- A trip to London (including lodging and flights for the contestant) to take part in the award ceremony and see the winning piece be recorded.
- Opportunity to use a global platform to stretch your potential.
Are you an aspiring author who resides outside of the United Kingdom? Would you like someone to hear your story? Then you should surely take advantage of this chance, but first, you should review the eligibility rules and guidelines for the British Council International Radio Playwriting Competition.
- Anyone who is not a resident of the United Kingdom and is at least 18 (as of January 31, 2023) may submit an application.
- Writers of all experience levels are encouraged to submit, however, they might need to show confirmation of eligibility.
- The ability to write a radio drama of roughly fifty-three minutes on any topic of their choice is required of participants.
- They might have to present identification and proof of age and eligibility.
- Additionally, contestants cannot be British Council, BBC, BBC Group, or any other firm workers, their immediate family members, or anyone else associated with the tournament.
- Please make sure to read the terms and conditions before sending in your entry.
How to Apply
The application process is online. The majority or all of the work must be written in English. A concise description of the work’s entire history, no more than 400 words, must be submitted with the script. Visit the Apply now link below to submit an application.
Participants may also mail in or email their work. The official website contains the connections. The registration form, which can be acquired from the official website, must be fully completed in order for the entry to be accepted.
The deadline must be met for submissions. The BBC and British Council International Radio Playwriting Competition 2023 has a 12 February 2023 deadline for submissions. You must read the terms and conditions, though.